J. KEVIN CRAIG
WANTED TO BE A LAWYER SINCE CHILDHOOD
Kevin Craig grew up wanting to be lawyer just like his dad. At 5 years old, he drew a picture saying “I want to be a lawyer when I grow up because my Dad is it.” The drawing is framed and hanging in his office today. As a teenager, Kevin began his march towards becoming an attorney by learning how to do many of the jobs in his father’s successful law firm. Both Kevin and his brother-in-law, Bru Pender, worked for his dad’s firm throughout law school and joined the firm upon graduation. In 2008, Kevin and Bru took over the reins as the owners of the firm and kept the Craig Law Firm at the top of the list for closings with real estate agents, lenders and builders. They continued to grow the firm until the Craig Law Firm joined with Blair Cato in January 2022.
Kevin grew up in West Columbia and graduated from Brookland-Cayce High School where he was a top ranked SC junior tennis player with opportunities to play in college. However, he decided to take a step back from the busy tennis tournament world and attend College of Charleston where he met his wife, Christi. Best decision he ever made!
Kevin and his wife have 2 daughters who have been very active in competitive dance since they were 5 years old and have travelled throughout SC competing in dance competitions for years. He is a true “Dance Dad.”
Kevin and his family attend Village Church in Blythewood.
When Kevin is not at the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife and daughters or friends travelling. He is a diehard Gamecock fan and loves playing and talking sports. He especially enjoys being out on the golf course, tennis court, in the field bird hunting or shooting sporting clays. He is known a “gearhead,” so if you have questions on golf, tennis, watches, guns or cars, then Kevin is your guy to turn to.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2000
- College of Charleston, B.A., 1997
- Chicago Title Insurance Company
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
- First American National Title Insurance Company
- Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
- Stewart Title Guaranty Insurance Company
- WFG National Title Insurance Company
- South Carolina Bar 2000
Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- Palmetto Land Title Association
- American Land Title Association
- Central Carolina Association of Realtors
- Building Industry Association of Central South Carolina
- Member of Village Church-Blythewood, SC
- College of Charleston Alumni Association
Get In Touch
700 Huger Street, Suite 102
Columbia, SC 29201
406-A East Butler Road
Mauldin, SC 29662
925 E. Main St., Unit A
Lexington, SC 29072-4202