Meredith Noon grew up in Pennsylvania, but discovered the charm of the Carolina Lowcountry while on a family vacation as a young teenager. After falling in love with the Carolinas, Meredith was determined to return to the South when it came time for college. This led to her attending Duke University where she majored in psychology, rowed on the women’s crew team, and waitressed several shifts a week for spending money.
Meredith became enamored with the food and beverage industry and, after graduation, moved to Charleston where she managed a fine dining dinner only restaurant. Thinking she might want to own her own restaurant one day, Meredith enrolled in the management training program for Spinnakers Restaurant and moved up to Columbia.
Having spent several years in the restaurant business, Meredith started looking for a career change and began working for a real estate attorney. After only a few months in the firm, Meredith quickly realized that she had the qualities and abilities to become a real estate attorney. Having strengths more of a mediator than a litigator, and enjoying taking care of people, this seemed like the perfect career fit for her so she attended the University of South Carolina’s School of Law. She commuted from Greenville her last year of law school, building connections in the upstate and graduated with honors in 1998.
In 1998, Meredith opened the Noon Law Firm LLC. In 1999, she met Steve Hammett and together they formed Noon and Hammett, LLC in 2000. Client relationships and the client experience through the closing process have always been what drives Meredith in her practice. Most clients become friends of the firm and it brings Meredith great joy to see them and their families over the years.
With her passion to connect with and help people, Meredith has hosted many events at her house for local women in business, with the guest count climbing well over 100 by the 20th event. She currently co-hosts a Ladies Networking event called ‘Cake & Whiskey’ four times a year in Greenville. Meredith has also been an active member of a thriving Business Network International group for over 17 years and has held most of the leadership roles within her chapter. Cooking and entertaining are her hobbies, and she loves to travel and make memories with her son, family, and friends.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1998
- Duke University, B.A. in Psychology, 1988
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
- First American National Title Insurance Company
- WFG National Title Insurance Company
Awards and Recognitions
- Karen Lee Scholarship, University of South Carolina (1996)
- Cali Award in Real Estate Transactions, Estate and Gift Tax, and Law Firm Workshop, University of South Carolina (1998)
- Order of the Wig and Robe, University of South Carolina (1998)
- Order of the Coif, University of South Carolina (1998)
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal Editorial Board
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association (1998-2022)
- SC Bar Association (1998-2022)
- Business Network International (various leadership roles) (2008-2022)
- JDRF Cycling Fundraiser Rides
- Co-Captain of Sportsclub Youth Tennis Team
- Host of multiple Women’s Networking events for 14 years
Get In Touch
700 Huger Street, Suite 102
Columbia, SC 29201
406-A East Butler Road
Mauldin, SC 29662
925 E. Main St., Unit A
Lexington, SC 29072-4202
708 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 3
Camden, SC 29020
189 S. Converse Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306