APRIL L. MOSCHELLA
April was raised in the Midlands of South Carolina and graduated from Lugoff-Elgin High School before attending the University of South Carolina’s College of Journalism and Mass Communications. There her studies focused on advertising and public relations, and she immersed herself in all things journalism: she was the Undergraduate Assistant for the SC Scholastic Press Association, worked conferences for the Southern Interscholastic Press Association, workshops for military journalists and photojournalists, and as an intern for Clear Channel Radio in Columbia. She was convinced she would be an ad exec or graphic designer until she took a media law class her senior year that completely redirected her interest. Following this change in focus, April attended law school at the University of South Carolina and graduated in 1997.
While in law school April clerked at the SC Department of Corrections; following graduation she was hired as a Deputy General Counsel. There she focused her legal practice on 4th Amendment constitutional matters, contracts, and medical issues. After her work with the state, April was a residential real estate closing attorney before stepping away from her legal career to be a fulltime Mom.
April returned to work as the Executive Director for the Kershaw County Board of REALTORS® where she developed a profound respect for real estate agents and their profession. Now at Blair Cato she combines her affinity for real estate professionals with her real estate closing background and a shared dedication to provide an attentive, smooth, and informative closing experience.
“I want to be a Rockette!” The first sentence on April’s law school application. Since her childhood, she has been taking or teaching dance classes and still loves to dance given the opportunity. A tapper at heart, she has performed with the Columbia Tap Company, the Red Stockings Review, and in hundreds of kick-lines over the years. She performed in scholarship pageants to help fund law school, was the spokesperson for several organizations, and worked as talent in commercial and print campaigns.
As the mother of three nearly grown children, and going on 25+ years of marriage, April values time with her family. They especially enjoy the South Carolina coast and time spent boating, fishing, biking, and paddleboarding. She is a self-proclaimed sci-fi geek, energy drink and protein bar connoisseur, excels at holding down a beach chair, and loves the Gamecocks, the Braves, and all things summer.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1997
- Moot Court Bar, Order of the Barristers, ABA Moot Court Team
- University of South Carolina College of Journalism & Mass Communications, B.A., 1994, cum laude
- Kappa Tau Alpha Journalism Honor Society; Student Government; Marketing Scholarship Recipient; Alpha Delta Pi Sorority
- Current Board Member, Lugoff-Elgin High School Trident Club Athletic Booster
- Board Member, Kershaw County ADA Accessible Playground, 2015
- Board Member, Children’s Hospital Festival of Trees, SC State Museum, 2003-2010
- Event Chairman, Event Co-Chairman, Auction Chair, Décor Chair, Entertainment Chair
- Fundraising/Supply Drives: Wounded Warrior, Meals on Wheels, New Day on Mill
- Volunteer: Food for the Soul, Camden; Palmetto Place, Columbia
Associations & Memberships
- South Carolina Bar, 1997
- Junior Women’s Club of Columbia, Sustaining Member
- Junior of the Year, 2005-06 club year
- First Baptist Camden
- Mission Ecuador, mission trip Team Member, 2012
- Annual Ladies Luncheon Co-Chair, 2008-2011
- City of Columbia Proclamation Recipient presented by former Mayor Robert D. Coble in recognition of community service endeavors
- Community Service Award, Sharing Hope (formerly SCOPA)
- Community Service Award, SC Special Needs Adoptions
Get In Touch
700 Huger Street, Suite 102
Columbia, SC 29201
406-A East Butler Road
Mauldin, SC 29662
925 E. Main St., Unit A
Lexington, SC 29072-4202
708 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 3
Camden, SC 29020
189 S. Converse Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306
485 Chapin Road, Suite B
Chapin, SC 29036